cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

UDF with Family table that includes parameters

cwilkes
7-Bedrock

UDF with Family table that includes parameters

I have a UDF of some pipe flanges with a family table. The family table drives 5 dimensions (no problem there) and one parameter (a HOLE_AMT parameter to calculate my hole pattern dimensions.

The problem is, if I insert 2 different sized flanges using the UDF, both UDF groups end up being driven by a single assembly-level HOLE_AMT parameter. So if I insert a flange with a 4-hole pattern first, then insert a flange with an 8 hole pattern, the one that's supposed to have 8 holes ends up having 4, as it's driven by the HOLE_AMT parameter from the first flange.

Thanks in advance for the help.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
cwilkes
7-Bedrock
(To:cwilkes)

Actually, this brings up another question I had. These UDF flanges will be included as groups in a part file that will also be driven by a family table. So each instance in my part family table will have a corresponding instance of this UDF. Is there a way in my part-level family table to specify which UDF instance I want displayed for each particular part instance?

If there's a way to do this, no need to answer my previous question, as I won't have to have multiple flanges (all but one of them suppressed for each part-instance) in the same part file if I can just specify which flange instance I want.

Top Tags