cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Unable to find a datum plane- used as feature sketch plane

alakkundi
1-Newbie

Unable to find a datum plane- used as feature sketch plane

Hello,

On the model that I am working, I am trying to change the location of the revolve cut feature. When I did edit definition on the feature to change the sketching plane, I am unable to locate the datum plane. Can anyone help let me know if this datum is buried in the feature or this is some sort of a bug in the software? The datum that I am unable to locate is DTM3. See the images attached. DTM3 does not show in the reference viewer as well. All the datum's in the layer have been turned on.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

What is in the External Merged feature? The external part is likely to be the location of DTM3.

No, it is not in the external merged feature. The dtm number begins with 23. I can only see DTM3, neither select it nor search for it. I tried to search using feat ID#, that also didn't show up anything.

Look at the Model Info. It may be an on-the-fly datum plane that is embedded in the feature itself.

You can also click on the 'down' arrows in the Reference Viewer to see more details about each item.

It might also help to capture the entire screen, not just the part that isn't showing what you aren't finding.

I'm a little curious; if you are changing the sketching plane, there should be a new plane already in place to select. If a new datum plane is already in place, why not just select it? Creo should delete an on-the-fly datum plane that is no longer used, eliminating DTM3.

In older versions it was possible to create any number of on-the-fly datum planes within a feature. I think those would be kept even if they weren't referenced, but I think there was a way to delete them within feature redefine. It's been a while; like before 2001.

Top Tags