cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Unusual Layer Behavior

TracyWillis
5-Regular Member

Unusual Layer Behavior

Got the DTL option draw_layer_overrides_model set to NO.
I go the layer tree > Select the layer dropdown menu > pick the view name that I want to control.
Find the SKETCH I want to hide... (in that view only) > right click HIDE.
The sketch disappears from all the views. When I click back over to the ASM model it's hidden in there as well.
I've done this before and normally CREO just hides the item in the view name that I select.
Why is it now affecting the assembly and the other views?
What am I overlooking here?

Tw

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:TracyWillis)

The 2 options for drawing layers are draw_layer_overrides_model and ignore_model_layer_status.

If you set both to their default setting, your drawing won't change your model status and your model won't change your drawing status.

TracyWillis
5-Regular Member

OK - I created a new layer in that view; added the Sketch to it and hide the NEW layer.
That seems to be working fine. I still do not know what was going on though.
As a test - I tried setting the option draw_layer_overrides_model = YES
I got the same results as below except that the sketch wasn't hidden in the ASM, which seems backwards to me.
Then - I reset draw_layer_overrides_model = NO and ignore_model_layer_status = YES (back to the defaults)
I located the ALL_CURVES layer (of the view I was working on) and hide that.
It worked; as one would expect, all the curves became hidden in only that view.
Since I wanted to keep some of the curves within that view I expand that ALL_CURVES layer, located just the sketch I wanted to hide.
Clicked hide and it disappeared from every view.
That shouldn't happen - Right?
StephenW
23-Emerald II

Oops. You went one level too far. When you open a layer and hide a curve under that layer, you are actually hiding the feature. You are not working on the layers at that point. You can't individually control items within a layer (unless it's sub-layers of an assembly).

For your example, you need to make a layer that has just the curves you want to hide.

TracyWillis
5-Regular Member

I ended up doing just that, making a special layer and hiding that one.
The view was actually a view of assembly - but the Sketch I was trying to hide was also at the ASM level.
That curve being at the ASM level must have been the issue.

Tw
Top Tags