cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Use material hatch - config option?

AJ_TROGLIO
11-Garnet

Use material hatch - config option?

Doing some testing on Creo 8.0.0.0.  Successfully added the crosshatch definition to a material file so that works as I expect.

Looking for a way to always set 'use material hatch' option when I edit the hatch in the part cross section.  

This article seems to indicate after Creo 7 there is a new way but I'm not finding it.  

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS148466

--
AJ Troglio, Adv Mfg Engr
Hunter Engineering Company
Creo 4 M150
3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

please contact PTC Support and ask them the same question.

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin,

I may have found a partial solution to this on my own.  According to this article,  if name of the cross hatch in the cross hatch file matches the exact name of the material then the cross hatch will automatically be selected w/o the need for the option I mention above

My solution for now is to specifically name hatch pattern entries in our custom .pat file as the corresponding material file name.  Also, in the cross hatching section in the Miscellaneous tab of the material file I entered the exact same name for the pattern file entry I wanted.   

This works correctly upon the initial definition of the cross hatch.  However, if the material is changed, the cross hatch does not follow.  This is where the 'use material hatch' setting would probably be helpful. 

--
AJ Troglio, Adv Mfg Engr
Hunter Engineering Company
Creo 4 M150

Hi,

thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags