cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Using features in relations

meline
1-Newbie

Using features in relations

I have a feature that is controlled by Y/N in the family table. I've then created a user-defined parameter, which I would like to have return a given text statementbased on the status of the table controlled feature. I've tried to create a relation between the two but have been unsuccessful. Or is this a case where ProProgramming, in which I have little experience, would be the method to use?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:meline)

To the best of my knowledge, you cannot use part level (or feature level) relations to query how a particular feature was suppressed (manually, family table, pro/program, etc.). What you can do is let the table control a parameter in your part with this information in it. Simply add a parameter to the table and then set the value in the table to whatever you want this parameter to read in each of the different states. If the text you want to enter is longer than what you want to see in the table, you could use something simple for the table value, and then interpret that with some IF statements in the model (IF state=="A", INFO = "State A is active").

Tom U.
Top Tags