cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

WF5 - Regen Failure Diagnostics?

akelly
11-Garnet

WF5 - Regen Failure Diagnostics?

Using WF5 and I'm having trouble finding out why I'm getting regen failures.

In WF4, Pro/E was pretty clear about why it couldn't regenerate a feature. Granted, you were dead in the water until you dealt with it (all hail suppress and undo!).

The new regen logic / Regeneration Manager in WF5 has me stumped. All I can get Pro/E to tell me is what feature failed ... not why.

Andrew Kelly, P.E.
Design Engineer
Honeywell Sensing and Control
2080 Arlingate Lane
Columbus, OH 43228
Office: 614-850-7818
Toll Free: 800-848-6564
Fax: 614-850-1111
andrew.kelly@honeywell.com<">mailto:andrew.kelly@honeywell.com>

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
akelly
11-Garnet
(To:akelly)

I'm going through Pro/Help ("TFM"). It says regen failures are supposed to work the way I remember it from WF4. So how can I get the Failure Diagnostics window if WF5 isn't throwing me into Resolve Mode with a regen failure?

When model regeneration fails, all subsequent features (features to be regenerated after the failed feature) remain unregenerated. The current model shows only the regenerated features in the Graphics window (the failed feature and all subsequent features are not displayed).
Creo Elements/Pro enters Resolve mode. The Failure Diagnostics window opens and provides information about which features have failed and why. The window provides helpful links to additional information about the regeneration failure (Overview and Feature Info), including general information about resolving failures.
Top Tags