cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Wave Spring modelling problem

ksengkit
1-Newbie

Wave Spring modelling problem

Hi, I have attached my part in this discussion and I was wondering is there anything I can change to model the wave spring so it doesn't touch each other as I have problem trying to mesh and analyse it then. I have used equation and relations in order to model this part. In addition to that, is there anyway that I can model it as an interlaced wave spring with the same relations? Thanks! The part attached can't be simulated later on as there are meshing problem which I'm not sure how to fix as well. Any help would be great!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ksengkit)

Unfortunately this was created in an educational version of Creo.  You might have better luck over in the PTC Academic Program area.

Thin parts are often modeled as shell elements - I don't recall how Creo Simulation handles these. It is important that the parts don't interpenetrate or intersect if the mesher is going to be able to correctly model the geometry.

An interlaced wave spring is an assembly of multiple wave springs so you would model each one.

An image of what you are creating and pasting the relations would help.

I have attached an image of the part I created with the relations that I used. Is there any way I could tweak the relation to ensure that it doesn't intersect or interpenetrate each other?Screenshot 2016-11-15 11.23.51.pngScreenshot 2016-11-15 11.25.16.png

If I've interpreted the model correctly, adding a "- 0.1" (or "- 0.005" if you're in inches) to the end of the "sd5 =" line should do it - reducing the wave height very slightly so that the crests don't touch.

dschenken‌, I think this is a multi-turn crest-to-crest spring, not a stack of single-turn springs.

http://www.tfc.eu.com/smalley_wave_springs_amp_spirolox_rings/wave_springs

JH: The OP wanted to also use this approach to create interlaced springs.

That can still be a single spring (from the same link):

4-2.jpg

That's not an interlaced spring. Please carefully read the original post and just reply to the original poster, not to me.

Top Tags