cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Weld showing in a simple rep, yet the parts are 'excluded'...

pshepherdson
9-Granite

Weld showing in a simple rep, yet the parts are 'excluded'...

Hi all,

OK, so I have a simplified rep, and I now have some welds showing.  (Floating in space)..  The parts these welds are attached to are both 'excluded' from my simplified rep, and 'quilts' are turned off.  Yet they now appear in my dwg / dwg view.  And I can't seem to turn them off..

The welds were added after the simplified rep was created, and also after we upgraded to Creo 9 (from Creo 3, not sure if that has anything to do with it..)

But I have a dwg of some panels & their associated screws, and now I have some beefy welds floating around in the views..

Any ideas on how to remove them (and not do the 'erase line by line')

9 REPLIES 9
mkajdan
14-Alexandrite
(To:pshepherdson)

You can use Component Display in the Layout tab to blank them from the individual views, the entire sheet or the entire drawing.

yeah..  no.  if it was a part or some other "feature" I could.  But welds aren't controlled this way...

The welds should follow the parts they are attached to, and should follow if those parts are removed [excluded] from the simple rep.  in my case, they don't..  Hiding quilts also doesn't 'turn them off' .. 

mkajdan
14-Alexandrite

One caveat, the technique of blanking them only works if they are solid welds and not surface welds.

Hi,

please ask PTC Support.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

thanks for the suggestion,  when thru the various steps to log an issue thru 'PTC Support', and got stopped as they need some SCN number..  No idea what this is, nor where to get it..  so, no ticket produced..  (And 15 minutes wasted..)

@pshepherdson wrote:

Hi,

thanks for the suggestion,  when thru the various steps to log an issue thru 'PTC Support', and got stopped as they need some SCN number..  No idea what this is, nor where to get it..  so, no ticket produced..  (And 15 minutes wasted..)

Hi,

You can find SCN in license file in Contract column

MartinHanak_0-1712671811255.png

Martin Hanák
kdirth
20-Turquoise

File > Help > About Creo Parametric - Service Contract Number (SCN)

kdirth_0-1712672092968.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.

thanks!!

(Ya figured they coulda put that in the little '?' they offer...)

I had a similar problem after a Creo Version upgrade. All my welds are placed on separate layers. Although I hid this layer in my drawing the welds were still showing in the views.

As it turned out, I did not only have to hide the layer in the drawing but I also had to hide all welds individually that where on that layer (expand the layer in the layer tree and select all welds with shift+LMB).

But this was only for .asm after the Creo upgrade. When creating everything in the new Creo Version I did not encounter that problem anymore.

Top Tags