cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

What is API to visit Piping objects [Pobjects]? , There are action functions for visit

jpatel
1-Newbie

What is API to visit Piping objects [Pobjects]? , There are action functions for visit

There are action functions for visit & filter for Piping objects [Pobjects] but seems main visit function is missing. Can anyone help me to confirm on this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

To be clear, there are visit, filter and action functions for pipeline members, network extensions, and objects of pipeline series.  I would highly recommend reading the API Wizard under User's Guide->Production Applications: Piping->Piping Terminology.  There is a great explanation of each object type within.

To acquire a handle to one of the various objects (there is no specific object type for this, it's a ProFeature) I would start with the following:

1. Use ProSolidFeatVisit to visit all objects of type PRO_FEAT_PIPE_* by filtering in the filter function.  Read ProFeattype.h for all applicable types.  I found the following possibilities.

#define PRO_FEAT_PIPE 945

#define PRO_FEAT_PIPE_SET_START 1020

#define PRO_FEAT_PIPE_PNT_PNT 1021

#define PRO_FEAT_PIPE_EXT 1022

#define PRO_FEAT_PIPE_TRIM 1023

#define PRO_FEAT_PIPE_FOLL 1024

#define PRO_FEAT_PIPE_JOIN 1025

#define PRO_FEAT_PIPE_LINE 1027

#define PRO_FEAT_SLD_PIPE 1029

#define PRO_FEAT_PIPE_JOINT 1032

#define PRO_FEAT_PIPE_BRANCH 1033

2. Then in the action function use the appropriate ProP* function on the ProFeature object to get the data of interest.  For example to get the pipeline network I would use ProPipelineNetworkEval(p_feat, &pro_pNetwork);

Hope it helps!

Thanks for you support WIlliams

Actually I was having this info. while raising this question. I was bit suspicious about Pobject Visit API, because actions APIs are evidence to have it.

Thanks again.

Top Tags