cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

What is the best method to apply ISO class/fit tolerances to a hole in the model?

jdean
1-Newbie

What is the best method to apply ISO class/fit tolerances to a hole in the model?

What is the best method to apply ISO class/fit tolerances (i.e.H7) to a hole in the model? (Creo 2)

We've typically been adding ISO tolerances in the drawing by simply editing the dimension tolerance properties.

Example: change the tolerance of a simple through hole from 6mm nominal dia. to 6H7 dia. by altering the value in the tolerance properties.

(select the dimension/RMB/select "Properties"/ Tolerance Table: Hole/Table name: H 7/OK)

We have been asked to supply this info in the model prior to dimensioning in a drawing. We have a few suppliers that can read this information direct from the Creo model and also some costing software that can do the same.

The only way I can find to do this in the ".prt" model file is to add the simple hole and then edit the hole.

Example: Hole/simple hole/Placement/size:6mm/intersect with all surfaces/Apply......select the hole/RMB/Edit/select the hole diameter dimension/RMB/Properties/Tolerance Table: Hole/Table Name: H7/OK

Is there a way to do this at the original hole creation input without going back and editing this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
sciyer
2-Guest
(To:jdean)

Look up this link. If you wish to directly L

ISO Standard Fits and Tolerances - PTC Community

edit the dimension, select the hole dia in the model, rightclick, properties & then specify the desired hole tolerance grade.

ISO Standard Fits and Tolerances

jdean
1-Newbie
(To:sciyer)

Thank you for the response.

I had visited your thread when I was looking for an answer.....

I was wondering if there was an easier way to add the tolerance when initially creating the hole.

I have been using the "EDIT" dimension function. However on large models with intricate geometries the diameter can sometimes be hard to select. Sometimes it is displayed in space far away from the geometry or other times compacted with it other corresponding dimensions.

I just got a call from PTC Support saying this was currently not possible at creation.

hmmmmm....SolidQuirks can do this......guess I'll request a product enhancement to be considered for future releases

Top Tags