cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

What is the exactly behavior of the config option: "system_window_run_in_background"

scaponio
5-Regular Member

What is the exactly behavior of the config option: "system_window_run_in_background"

I am using Creo Parametric 6.0 6.0.5.1

2 REPLIES 2

@scaponio wrote:
I am using Creo Parametric 6.0 6.0.5.1

Hi,

according to https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r7.0/usascii/#page/fundamentals%2Ffundamentals%2Ffund_one_sub%2Ffundamentals_configuration_options.html page:

system_window_run_in_background
no*, yes
Sets the system window to block Parametric or to run in the background.

System window is Command Prompt window started from Creo environment.

Martin Hanák

@scaponio

Config option "system_window_run_in_background" is to block or Unblock Creo Parametric when system window is active. 

When a user enables system window (Command Prompt/DOS Window) for any operation e.g. Purge, Creo Parametric Window deactivates for user. When the config option is set to yes, Creo Parametric will not deactivate for user, it will allow user to work in Creo Parametric without closing the System Window. 

I hope this will help. 

Thanks. 

EDIT: Check images for clarification. 

Mahesh_Sharma_0-1614355919983.png

2.png

Top Tags