cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Why in creo one cannot explode parts in a finite distance from any other parts in Assembly mode?

sbhattacharya-2
3-Visitor

Why in creo one cannot explode parts in a finite distance from any other parts in Assembly mode?

Hi Creo users,

I have tried to explode parts in assembly. If I try to  explode parts and place finite distance from another parts I will see that there is no option or ways to do that. In Edit position in explode option I can manually do that by the coloured 3d axis but cannot place finite distance between other parts. What do you think? Are there any updates in later versions regarding this?

With regards,

Soumya

10 REPLIES 10

There is no option to do that and no update to do that.

There is the option to set the Explode increment so that as you drag the parts they are indexed with the increment specified which can help. The increment option is on the Explode menu.

Hi there,

Can anyone set the increment? I think it is calculating automatically. Is there any process to create it manually?

In the Edit Position dashboard go into Options and you can put whatever increment you want then pull the arrow for the direction and it will move that increment.You might need to move the component back to "Home" first then you can set that increment.

Hi,

you can assemble component using constraints with distance. This way you will get dimensions, that you can modify to "simulate" explode operation.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

I understand but where to put distance in explode option and edit position?

Thanks

Soumya

Hi,

simply modify dimension related to constraint distance.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi,

But it will not really an explode it will be like placing a part at a finite distance from another part by using distance constraint but what if Parts are assembled using coincident constrain and after that I try to explode it using explode tool in the assembly. Understand my point?

Hi,

I wanted to tell you that if explode functionality does not meet your requirements you can apply "cheating method" and use constraint distances to reach your goal.

MH

Martin Hanák

I think it will be like a family table.

The first instance with correct assembly constraints and the next one with cheating..

I think product idea includes what you are asking about:

Make Measurements reflect explode state values

Top Tags