cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Will Creo work on Macbook Pro's using Bootcamp

ptc-4791313
1-Newbie

Will Creo work on Macbook Pro's using Bootcamp

Hi All,

I am a high school teacher and we are wanting to install Creo on our macbooks for use in the Real World Design Challenge. Is this an acceptable platform? Do we need graphics cards?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Mark

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Yes, it works very well, but unfortunately the Apple hardware is not supported / accredited by PTC, so if it crashes, support will enevitably point to your non accredited hardware and blame that.

I have run it on 4 different MacBook Pros now, currently on the retina 15" and works very well under windows 7 on Bootcamp.

There are a few key combinations that are easier to achieve with a Windows keyboard, but no show stoppers, and you can always plug in a Widows kbd into the MacBook, a bit weird, but it does work.

I did try running on Parallels and VM Fusion on a previous machine - that was not a success, super slow and super crashy.

I also run it on a MacPro.

Hope that helps.

Stephen

thank you much Stephen - really appreciate it

Further to previous remarks Creo3 datecode M10 seems to run fine on an early 2013 Retina MacBook Pro, Datecode M20, a total disaster, reverted to M10. See my recent question.

Top Tags