cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

can we set position to import dxf in drawing ?

ppandarkar-2
15-Moonstone

can we set position to import dxf in drawing ?

Hi..

While importing dxf in drawing by Insert -> import drawing/data creo will ask for "Drawing is larger than format, scale to fit format ?" and if we say No then it will ask for "Move bottom left corner of drawing to screen origin?" so my question is can we set top right corner of format instead of bottom left corner. Is there any option to set right corner of format or some offset distance from left bottom corner ?

Thanks,

Prashant pandarkar

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

requested functionality is not implemented. You have to import DXF, select all imported geometry and translate it to requested position.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi..

I tried with given option but it takes too much time, as dxf having almost 10 lacs entity, so is there any option to reduce number of draft entities while opening dxf.

-Prashant Pandarkar

Hi,

I guess if you want to reduce number of enetities, you have to do it before you start import operation.

MH

Martin Hanák

10 Lacs That's:

10 million

(1e7)

entities? That's a lot of entities.

You can try changing the drawing origin (it's under Grid management and called the Grid Origin) to the place you want the origin to be, and then importing.

Top Tags