cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

creo 3 trail version m020 not opening a solidworks file

nfoulkes
1-Newbie

creo 3 trail version m020 not opening a solidworks file

Good evening all,

I have been using PTC Creo 3 trail M020 and have been sent some solidworks files to open (.sldprt and .sldasm) to check the new 'unite technology'

When I try to open the Solidwork files Creo seems to do something in the background but nothing happens and the part or assembly just don't open.

I have checked the options and in data exchange there are some check boxes with for other 3D packages

I think I must be missing something; any ideas?

Many thanks in advance,

Nic

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:nfoulkes)

If I'm not mistaken, the Unite technology didn't fully implement until M030.

See this discussion: Unite Technology

Good evening all,

I've just got the trial version M020 to open some solidworks files that I downloaded from grabCAD...the ones I was sent by a solidworks representative did not work

I downloaded the following file pack and when i opened the assembly all files loaded in the model tree however vork.sldprt did not show.

Capture.JPG

Can you see what you get if you open the same assembly in your version?

GrabCAD - CAD library

It seems that the unite technology still has some way to go as the parts which have been imported have no features.....(please feel free to discuss all)

Many thanks in advance,

Nic

Nicholas,

in my CR3 M060 the assembly works the same way... I guess vork.sldprt is corrupted. See its "icon" in Grabcad window.

vork.png

MH

Martin Hanák

Good morning Martin,

Many thanks for trying this out for me I'm glad that someone else got the same result.

What a great function....although in an ideal world the parts would appear with their features included.

Many thanks again,

Nic

Top Tags