cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

creo 4.0 fatal error

swayam
6-Contributor

creo 4.0 fatal error

Hi All,

I am getting Fatal error encountered.

Can anyone help me on this error. i want to disable this error message for parament . i don't want to show this message even error occurs. Sharing snap and  Trace file. 

4 REPLIES 4
Constantin
13-Aquamarine
(To:swayam)

Hi,
the first thing I would check is, if you graphics driver is up to date.
In my experience a majority of fatal errors are caused by non-certified/incompatible graphics cards or outdated/ incompatible graphics drivers.
Check this list for compatibility of your hardware/ software version/ and driver version: Hardware Notes - Creo 4.0 (ptc.com)
If your setup is ok, let us know more details about what you did before the error occured.

swayam
6-Contributor
(To:Constantin)

Thanks for your response!

Yes, My setup is ok. I am getting this fatal error sometimes not always but not sure why and when. That's why want to disable it permanently because it stops my batch mode process.

Constantin
13-Aquamarine

Hi,
you cannot 'disable' it. You need to find the root cause and eliminate that.
That is why it is very important to observe precisely what you did just before the fatal error occured, like roll back the assembly, save, create cross section etc.

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

As stated by others, you can't "disable" fatal error messages. They mean that whatever you were asking Creo to do, something went wrong and the program crashed. The error is generated by the system.

If this is happening during a batch process, some guesses as to the cause:

(1) One of the models you are trying to process is corrupted, and causes Creo to fail. Is there a log file generated by the batch process? If so, you could read through it and find out where the trouble is occurring, and investigate further. I've had processing fail due to someone renaming a part that was referenced in a drawing, making the drawing unable to be retrieved.

(2) When batch processing files, is there a way to tell Creo to erase the previously processed file from memory? Depending on the size of the files, you might be using up all the memory available, or opening too many files. This will definitely cause a crash, as I've seen in normal Creo usage. I had this problem when processing 100s of files to create DXF files from drawings. The process would be okay for a while, but die when a certain number of files was reached.

Top Tags