cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

cut/paste between drawings...

pdkoren
1-Newbie

cut/paste between drawings...

I'm relatively new to CREO 2 from WF4. What happened to the old cut/paste functionality between drawings? I can use control-C and control-V in a single drawing, but if I try to paste on a different drawing, nothing...I know I used to do thisall the time with WF4. I can't imaginePTC would have removed this functionality, so what am I missing??? I have a symbol on one drawing that I highlight,control-C, go toa different drawings, control-V and nothing? I know I amcopying the symbol because if I stay on the first drawing and do a control-V I get a pop-up window with the symbol in it, select a point on the symbol and a point in the drawing and there's my copied symbol. Why doesn't it work between drawings? Orprobably more appropriately, what am I doing wrong?

thanks...

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

I just verified that Copy/paste still works in dwgs using Creo2 (M080).

I used to have this same problem in both WF3 and WF4 when the units of each dwg did not match. For example, copy/paste does not work across dwgs if one dwg is in inch and the other in metric. They must be the same units

Now if someone from PTC could read this and change Creo so that it would prompt the user as to convert/interpretthat would be great!(Similar to the dialog for changing model units...Although, even an error message that told the user would be nice...)

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Lawrence

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:pdkoren)

It works from one drawing to another in the same session of CREO 2 but it doesn't work if you are trying to use 2 separate sessions of CREO. I think that was true in previous releases also.

Hello Paul

I don't know whether it may be the case for you or not, but take care to be in the Standard application in both drawings, prior to Copy & Paste.

The copy & paste functionality does not seem to work in another application than the Standard one. I face the same problem while using the Pro/Piping application. I have to swap back to Standard in the drawing where I copy the entity and also in the one where I want to paste it.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards.

I have had issues when the drawings are different units also in CREO 3. Just doesn't give me the paste option.

In Reply to Lawrence Scheeler:

I just verified that Copy/paste still works in dwgs using Creo2 (M080).

I used to have this same problem in both WF3 and WF4 when the units of each dwg did not match. For example, copy/paste does not work across dwgs if one dwg is in inch and the other in metric. They must be the same units

Now if someone from PTC could read this and change Creo so that it would prompt the user as to convert/interpretthat would be great!(Similar to the dialog for changing model units...Although, even an error message that told the user would be nice...)

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Lawrence

Top Tags