cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

exporting to IGES

ptc-1961056
2-Guest

exporting to IGES

Hi guys, I have a little problem, I have a assly consiting of around 30 parts & This assembly has its instances The problem is when i export to IGES its file size is huge. Is there any way out to reduce the exported IGES file size ??? I have tried to use simplified rep it de\oesn't worl for me
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Can you suppress few components like the fasteners and other small parts which you feel can be eliminated.or may be assembled later if you need them in the new IGES file. Try to create STEP file and chek out for the size...

delete all the cosmetic features like threads,any special sign or symbol,part numbers printed on models...and if there are some parts totaly enclosed and not visible from outside and dosen't effect your purpose..just delete them..... and you said you have so many instances in this part...so just break all the instance first.... "just open the required instance you need and do save a copy...."

thanks, But supress doesn't work, Once the iges created with suppressed parts.When opened in Proe it shows that supressed parts in the Iges model also. Never the less the size also doesnot get affetced much
Top Tags