cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

how can i import pattern of equal parts created in other software i.e solidworks, nx?

csimex
9-Granite

how can i import pattern of equal parts created in other software i.e solidworks, nx?

in an parts assembly we have patterns of equal parts and in the import process of parts assembly from external providers (neutral format as iges or step), a pattern of 8 parts, creo import it as 8 different parts.

how can we make it better? we need to change something in the config .pro or Creo import patterns only from specific neutral files?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:csimex)

I think that interchange formats do not include computed positions for components - therefore no patterns. There should be only one part model located 8 times. You can look in the STEP file with a text editor to see what it contains.

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor
(To:csimex)

Try to recreate the pattern.

Maybe creating a sketch with points, then delete the references, delete the components, leaving just one. Create a pattern by points.

Jose

Top Tags