cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

instance not in workspace, when generic not in same folder

ptc-4392950
1-Newbie

instance not in workspace, when generic not in same folder

Hi all,

I have noticed something strange and would like to know if this is a common situation or if something is wrong.

When I add an instance to use in an assembly then normaly both the instance and the generic are added to my workspace. BUT i noticed that when the generic is not located in the same folder in windchill, then only the Generic is added to the workspace and no sign of the instance. while the instance is correctly added in the assembly.

I'm able to save and check in my assembly without any problems..

when then checking in my assembly and Remove all dependent parts with it from my workspace, that specific generic won't automaticaly remove either..

It's not that i have crucial problems because this is happening, but i also know that this is not supposed to be like that.

any thoughts?

Grtz

Arno

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags