cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

make cable location point visible through geometry

_Michiel_
3-Visitor

make cable location point visible through geometry

Hi,

This is topic is about the location points used in the cabling module.

When there is geometry in front of a location point, you can't see it as it is 'hidden' behind the geometry.

However, I would like to be able to see them just like you can always see datum points, no matter if they are behind / within other geometry. In that way, it's easier to spot & select them without rotating the model or go into 'edit segment'.

Maybe even make it a quick toggle; 'show location points trough geometry' - Yes / No

For example:

I have a location point that routs a cable around a bracket. I had to move the bracket in to a new position. On that new position, the location point of the cable was located inside of the geometry of the bracket. I made a temporary copy of it's geometry to the harness skeleton. As I know there is a location point, I went into 'edit segment' in order to edit the location of the location point.

It would have been easier if the location point was visable troughout the geometry of the bracket (copy geometry of the bracket) so I could have selected it directly and edit from there.

(in our company, we are not allowed to have external refferences, so making the location point depending on the bracket is not an option / solution)

What I also noticed:

The harness with the location point I needed to edit is in assembly that also containts other harness assemblies. When another harness (or none) is selected as the working harness, and you select the segment of the harness that has a location point behind geometry, the location point is also highlighted. But if I select the that harness as the work harness and select the segment again, the location point is NOT higlighted.

We are currently on CREO 8.0.3.0

I hope the added print-screens help understand what I mean.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags