cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

no decimals option in drawing notes please

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

no decimals option in drawing notes please

When I show the bend angle note in a drawing of a sheetmetal part, I cant remove the decimals (and create an integer) by adding [.0] to the note, it just shows "[.0]"

Any suggestions how to solve this without manually creating a note (that is not parametric)?

Clipboard02.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:bp)

What if you make a parameter that calls the value, and then use the [.0] on that parameter in the note?

And what about rounding the value?

JamesBurcham
4-Participant

I think the easiest way to do this would be to round the parameter in the model, then call it out in the drawing the same way you are now. To round a parameter in the model just go to the relations and enter the following.

BEND_NOTE = ITOS(ANGLE_IDENTIFIER) putting what ever you are using to identify the angle in the parentheses.

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:JamesBurcham)

Thanks guys,

The thing is; these notes are generated automatically in drawing for a flat pattern (instance) of a sheetmetal part. I do not know how to refer to these notes in part mode or how to find them. I can only see them in drawing mode. In the image below you can see what happened when I switched dimensions. It still shows the angle but with a number in front.

Clipboard03.jpg

when I click on "edit value" after rightclick on a note, I see this:

Clipboard01.jpg

when I click on "properties" after rightclick on a note, I see this:

Clipboard04.jpg

Adding [.0] does not work, it just shows "[.0]" Any suggestions how to easily round the angle value?

JamesBurcham
4-Participant

In the config.pro you could try changing "layout_precision_decimals" to 0. I've never changed this from the default of 2 and couldn't find a full description of what it does, so I dont know what all it will effect. Might be worth a shot though, worst case you just change it back.

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:JamesBurcham)

tried it, doesnt help. thanks anyway.

Top Tags