cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

part file with .STL extension

ctraining
4-Participant

part file with .STL extension

I got a part from scanner (FARRO Arm) with .stl format. I want to assemble this in my assembly. But I am unable to do so. I tried to convert it to .prt, .iges but nothing works. I can't select face, I can't make axis etc.

File is attached. Please help.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

STL files are only facets. It does not recognize anything except vertices or edges. Even then, only on a very limited basis.

You can use the file as-is. You can easily create planes using edges and vertices for placement. Turn the graphics to wireframe mode to help select appropriate references.

Top Tags