cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

"Could not locate sketch" error in VSS

David_M
5-Regular Member

"Could not locate sketch" error in VSS

I have a model, which is a new part that includes copied geometry (surfaces only). When I try to start a Variable Section Sweep in this model I get the error "Could not locate sketch: side.TIFF." which isnt' a file I'm familiar with. The error appears when I push the 'sketch' button within VSS after adding the trajectories, but I don't get the error if there is just one trajectory.

Does anyone know what might be going on?

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Weird!

If you create the VSS with a single trajectory, can you go back and add additional ones or does the error appear? This almost sounds like a bug-type error. Do you have a file we can look at... or a screen shot? I tried to search through the PTC Knowledgebase but PTC is down for scheduled maintainence.

Let's revisit this on Monday.

Take care...

-Brian

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:David_M)

Perhaps the VSS was made with an external sketch instead of an internal one?

Top Tags