cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

read file with some dots in to file name

vcolucci-2
2-Guest

read file with some dots in to file name

Goodmorning PTC,

I would to ask you if it is possible to read file name with some dots with creo parametric 3.0.

thank you so much for your usual cooperation.

best regards

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

Creo filename must not contain "." character.

MH

Martin Hanák

First to all,

thank you for your prompty reply, but I have the problem with my customer that requires a matriculation with file name contains a dot.

I'm  trying to solve this problem also with another tool, compatible with creo parametric.

Do you know any tools useful for my scope?

thank you 

Sorry, I forgotten to explain an important issue.I can export the file also in step format.

Thank you

Hi,

I do not understand your problem well.

You cannot export STEP file from Creo and rename it in Windows Explorer ?

MH

Martin Hanák

you are right, I try to do a better explanation,

I have to deliver a .stp file related a big assembly and sub-assembly, with much parts in to them, where the requested matriculation shall be with dot in the file name

(e.g. RT.100.00.500).

The best way would be that to rename the file directly in creo parametric, but it's not possible.The other solution could be to rename with software destination, but this solution requests much time in order to perform this operation.

Do you know a easier method in order to solve this issue?

thank you again

Hi,

I did following test:

• in CR3 I created simple assembly named rt_100_00_500.asm
  • the assembly contains two parts ... rt_100_00_501.prt, rt_100_00_502.prt
  • I exported the assembly to STEP format ... resulting file is text file, this means its contents is "readable"
  • I renamed STEP file to rt_100_00_500_asm_01_underscores.stp
  • I made a copy of STEP file and named it rt_100_00_500_asm_02_dots.stp
  • I opened the copy in Notepad and replaced all instances of RT_100_00_50 with RT.100.00.50
  • I opened both STEP files in FreeCAD successfully

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags