cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

rounds _ HELP

al204
1-Newbie

rounds _ HELP

Hello ProE users,

I need help applying rounds to the edges of this spoon.

The spoon is a thickened surface made of three different surface segments merged together.

If the rounds were applied to each surface segment (after thickening) the rounds work, however when the 3 surfaces are merged (and thickened) the rounds fail.

I have tried redefining the references in various ways, it hasn´t worked.

any thoughts/ideas are appreciated, thanks in advace,

AL.

2 REPLIES 2

Your surfaces are not blended at the point shown in graphic attached. I would work on the surfaces until you have a better transition. Then those pesky rounds should work.

Not sure if you ever got an answer to your problem but it appears that cleaning up your surface patches will go a long way to allow you to create the rounds. In the interest of time, I smoothed out the vertical surface with replace surface features, though I would more likely wanted to clean up the initial surfaces instead of just building on top of the existing features.

A full round goes on fine though it has small flats on its surface, not very desireable. If you suppress rounds #2 and #3 and resume round #1 you will see what I mean. Again this would probably be fixed with a little redefining of some of the earlier geometry, but you may not want the full round anyway if you plan to define a split line.

I left the part with 0.5 mm round on the top and bottom edges. The gap between the tangent edges narrows as you move down into the cup portion of the spoon. If you want a larger round on the handle, redefine the rounds as variable.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Patrick Fariello
Top Tags