cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

what have I done.....

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

what have I done.....

what have I done to cause this behavior when pulling diameter dimensions in drawings?

When I pull diameter dimension for a hole in a drawing they behave this way:

-the largest denominator is set at 4 for example a 1 7/8" hole displays as 2"

- when I toggle between the default format of "fraction" then to decimal then back to fraction the denominator is automatically set back to 16.

- all other dimensions in the drawing have a default denominator of 16

- when I create a linear dimension (point to point) on a hole the denominator is set at 16.

I have looked through my config and I can't seem to find what is causing this.

Anyone have any suggestions?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:SYNDAKIT)

There is a parameter that I found in an article about configs

http://www.proesite.com/cgi-bin/find_option.cgi?srch=DIM_FRACTION_DENOMINATOR&ver=creo2

I am not sure what your default value is.

This was a link Antonius shared that all the config.pro options for Creo2

http://www.proesite.com/UTIL/creo2_allopt.htm

See if this works,

Dale-

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite
(To:Dale_Rosema)

- dim_fraction_denominator is set to 16

- create_fraction_dim is set to yes

still no dice

Can you create a support case? It sounds like you found a bug.

Holes have data transformed into other parameters and there may be an oversight in the code.

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite
(To:TomD.inPDX)

made a case a pre-m20 and still no fix with the update

You migth give us a little more background.

There are many cases I have submitted that are never fixed or still open over 1 year. Just reporting it doesn't solve issues. It just puts them on the radar, and will give you some insight as to how to work around the issue. If a case is considered a bug or a flaw, it will be assigned an SPR for engineering to awknowledge it and hopefully fix it. I've been told before that some bugs are too troublesome to fix

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite
(To:TomD.inPDX)

The only thing i can think to add would be that this issue started with creo 3.

It is only an issue for hole dimensions.

for example:

If a hole is 3/16" diameter; when i pull a diameter dimension, the drawing dimension will show it as 1/4". Then if I go into the dimension properties, the "Largest Denominator" is set to 8; so now while inside of the dimension properties under the format section (which is set to "Fractional") if I change it to "Decimal" then back to "Fractional" the Largest denominator is now changed to 16.

16 being the desired largest denominator.

i will also put a picture of my config option just to confirm it's not the obvious.

(edit: it has been assigened to an SPR. Does that mean it has a better chance of being fixed?)

dim_frac_pic.JPG

An SPR means you will get a response from R&D engineering on the status and when it may be fixed or if it will not be fixed.

I do not work with fractions very much but this option is a nice to have. Remember that when you use the find to find an option, it reports back the default, not the current setting.

R&D knows better how this is suppose to work. I don't have Creo 3.0 running yet. I will test this in Creo 2.0 and see what it does. One thing that helps is that unless something has specifically been updated, behavior between the current version and the previous version should be identical.

If the support engineer has not been in touch for some time to understand the status of your case, you can always request an update by sending a new message using the support case on the support site.

Top Tags