cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

windchill Description, vs. name

dgrobe
6-Contributor

windchill Description, vs. name

Ok, a question i have with the name column, and the description column in windchill as well as the model tree.

we start a new part, and the description in the model tree, doesnt fill out.  even though we named the part in windchill.  where does description fill in from in the model tree?

How can i modify description in windchill?  can i set a parameter in the part, so it automatically fills in the description, in windchill, as well as the model tree.

thanks again

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:dgrobe)

There are two steps you have to take to get parameter values to transfer information back and forth between Creo and Windchill.

1. Create Windchill attributes for each of the Creo parameters.
  2. Designate the parameters in Creo.

Creo parameters that are not designated will not be transferred to Windchill.

Creo parameters that are designated but don't have a corresponding Windchill attribute also will not transfer to Windchill.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:dgrobe)

There are two steps you have to take to get parameter values to transfer information back and forth between Creo and Windchill.

1. Create Windchill attributes for each of the Creo parameters.
  2. Designate the parameters in Creo.

Creo parameters that are not designated will not be transferred to Windchill.

Creo parameters that are designated but don't have a corresponding Windchill attribute also will not transfer to Windchill.

Top Tags