cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Illustrate losing page setup

DJ_10403258
2-Guest

Illustrate losing page setup

I've created many figures.  On each, I organize the parts and annotations  in the view; setup page for letter/landscape and  I "Use current view"   than I save the file.   When I activate the figure again, sometimes the page setup is lost and the parts/annotations have shifted.  If I "go to figure view" parts/ annotation return to how I originally set them up but the letter/landscape page setup is gone.   Has any  one else seen this behavior? 

4 REPLIES 4

Please specify in which version of the program you are experiencing this issue.

Hello Vladimir,

I notice the same problem in my CI.

I don't know when, I don't know why, but from time to time one or some 3D figures lose their page settings.
Strangely, the attached 2D figures keep their page settings.

I am using CI 9.1.0.0, Build 25

Best regards

Ramon

Hi all,

that Creo Illustrate loses the page setting of the 3d firure after saving and reopening a file happens to me over and over again.

There is no systematic pattern to be seen. It is getting annoying.

I'm going to write to PTC's technical support.

Best regards

Ramon

TomM
12-Amethyst
(To:DJ_10403258)

Hi,

I've experienced the same in CI 7.0. I'm about to check in CI 10.0.

I can't remember if I reported the bug, I'll check later. I am mostly positive it's connected to the way you operate on "New figure" tool and c3di saving option.

I haven't used Creo Illustrate for nearly a year so bear in mind I might recall the exact steps a bit wrong but as a whole this is my experience with this infuriating bug.

As far as I remember the way I used to fix the bug for a c3di file was as follows:

- Open the c3di file and notice that every single figure has lost it's page setup (Page, Border, Caption, Fit to Window).

- You need to turn all of those "ON" for every single figure in the file and hit "go to figure view" button

- Create a "New Figure" and set all of those settings "ON"

- Save the file

- <NOT SURE if neccessary> close the file and open it again

- delete the blank figure you created

- save the file

I'm not sure what triggers the bug, I can't reproduce it, didn't happen to me for a long time and I can only tell you that ever since I made sure to turn all of those options "ON" for every figure I create (even those temporary that I delete soon after) and I give CI some extra time to finish saving the file (beyond the loading strip at the bottom) it never occurred again or it occurs way, way more seldom.

Happened to a new user recently though (v7.0).

Top Tags