cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Anyone running Creo 3 on MacBook Pro 15" 2Gb graphics Win 10

sdesaulles
3-Visitor

Anyone running Creo 3 on MacBook Pro 15" 2Gb graphics Win 10

I'm currently trying to run Creo 3 on the above but an older model with the 1Gb graphics card.

It used to work just fine, but with Win 10 and the latest Graphics and drivers generates fatal errors after about 5 mins use, main graphics window in Creo goes totally black etc then gives a "fatal error" and Creo dies.

Totally useless and of course Macs are not supported.  I've run Wildfire and then Creo on Macs for many years without this kind of issue under bootcamp - since it first came out.

Solidworks runs just fine as do all other programs.

So, just wondering, anyone got the 2Gb graphics card version on the 15" MacBook Pro, if so, does it run fine? 

Thanks

Stephen

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
lbai
4-Participant
(To:sdesaulles)

Referring to https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS55934, creo 3.0 M060+ supports windows 10. If the graphics card is not supported by creo, set config.pro graphics win32_gdi may works well.

About creo supported graphics card list ,please review them at http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/162683/en/dell_creo3.pdf

danb
4-Participant
(To:lbai)

H Stephen,

Nice to hear you are still fighting creo and not gone to the darkside.

FYI we updated a macbookpro using creo/AMD/Win10 from M060 to M100 today and had the graphics issue so have to roll creo s/w back.

We have another mac on Nvidia but that is fine....

Yes macs are not supported, we've been waiting years its unlikely to happen, the new macs need to up their GFX game.

Dan

sdesaulles
3-Visitor
(To:danb)

Hey Dan,

Sadly I have purchased a Dull Mobile workstation - yes Mac are now way behind on graphics. SW seemed to work fine on mine, just Creo that stumbled and fell. I was up to about 30 "Fatal errors" in a day just before I got the Dull.

It seems Creo actually got gradually worse on Bootcamped Mac. Creo 1 worked fine, Half way through the Creo 2 releases it worked just fine too, then nose dive of reliability.

Apple seem to be focussed on phones and pads. Where are you now?

Cheers

S

Top Tags