cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Axis misalignment causing AutGEM failures

TractorGuy
12-Amethyst

Axis misalignment causing AutGEM failures

I have a very annoying problem that I have just recently discovered in my FEA models. The issue appears to be present in an older version of Creo 2.0 and an a newer version of Creo 7.0 and it has taken me countless hours of frustration and failed meshing to figure it out.

For some reason I can take a model where all my pinned joints are perfectly aligned (this can be verified by checking with the measure tool) and import them into Simulate only to have them shift ever so slightly (like 0.00003mm misaligned). The problem is that the shift is just enough to prevent AutoGEM from meshing the parts and no amount of reconstraining or regenerating the parts will fix the misalignment. Generally the only way to fix the problem is to close out everything and reopen the models and try meshing again. This is incredibly frustrating and wastes a significant amount of time. Anyone know how to fix this?

2 REPLIES 2

Just an off the cuff guess, but could there be some sort of accuracy mismatch between parts and/or assemblies? I've had table-pounding mystery failures in analysis and manufacturing caused by one dumb part being at default relative accuracy, or a very different level of precision than the rest of the members of the assembly.

Nope, that was the first thing I checked

Top Tags