cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creo Simulate Internal stresses

ilyachaban
12-Amethyst

Creo Simulate Internal stresses

Hello, i would like to know if there is any possibility to import stress map to Creo.

We have sheetmetal parts that are made using press and we know what stresses are inside of it. But we need to simulate it and check if stresses are in allowed range.

How can i import initial stredded data to creo simulate?

1 REPLY 1

There is no built-in way I know of to import strain or displacement field results from an external source and then run a prestress-static analysis. I would call this sub-modelling. Ansys can do it. I think interpolating the field into the model might only be reasonable with h-element codes due to element-node mismatches. To do this you would have to runderstand the Ascii Creo files for a static run and make the solver think that it had been run in Creo.and use that study folder for pre-stress static. For example, run a simple arbitrary static analysis in creo, then go into the output files and replace/interpolate the resulting displacements to be what you want to use as the actual pre-stress. Anyway, many things can be done but are not practical. An idea would be to see if you could get a chatbot to write some python code to do the trick, if it can be made to understand the ascii file format. I just this week started messing with our company version of chatgp and its pretty good at python. I had it write me an equivalent of creo purge command with the choice of keeping more than just the last numbered file , recursive through folders, and it only needed a tiny bit of coaxing to get it right!

Here is an article that references the Ascii file format if you care to start down that road.

Top Tags