cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Method of debugging a simulation for a model study

fward
6-Contributor

Method of debugging a simulation for a model study

As per topic:

Good day, I realise this is an old thread, but I am getting the same, frustrating, problem with a model study I am running.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fward
6-Contributor
(To:Chris3)

HI Chris

Thank you for the reply.  I found that the cause was a combination of things, but primarily poor model construction by me!  I think I was being overly ambitious and simply not making use of good practices for reducing model size and computational demands.  I have since rebuilt the model and am getting good results with relatively quick run times

Regards

Frank

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:fward)

Is your issue that it shows it has failed when in fact it has not? Or is it that it has failed and you are unsure why?

If the former, is your working directory set to a network drive or a local drive? Modal analyses write very large database files and sometimes if you are sending the data over a network packets can get dropped which causes the analysis to fail. Its also possible if you are running the analysis on one machine and viewing the results on a second machine for Creo to incorrectly report that the analysis has failed even though its still running.

If it has failed and you are not sure why, you can run a constrained Modal analysis with rigid modal search to see the unconstrained degrees of freedom. Alternatively work your way up to the problem. Start by suppressing 1/2 of the features or components (if its a part or an assembly) and then see if that runs successfully. Iteratively keep turning features on or off until you find the one that is causing the problem.

fward
6-Contributor
(To:Chris3)

HI Chris

Thank you for the reply.  I found that the cause was a combination of things, but primarily poor model construction by me!  I think I was being overly ambitious and simply not making use of good practices for reducing model size and computational demands.  I have since rebuilt the model and am getting good results with relatively quick run times

Regards

Frank

Top Tags