cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Plastic deformation

DenisJaunin
15-Moonstone

Plastic deformation

Hello

Should be deformed a tube steel of 600 mm diameter and 1.0 mm thick to make a flange, as shown in the attached image, 10.0 mm high and 20.0 millimeters wide over the entire circumference of the tube.

The purpose is to know the strength to exercise for this distortion.

To do this I would like to find an example of Simulate, one sees more on documentation, as the folding of a clip.

Kind regards.

Denis

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Hello Steven,

Thanks for your note.

It is a form that is requested.

I is no more known for the moment.

It is question of distortion by the Interior of a shape boost and not by cutting wheels.

Kind regards.

Denis

Denis,

Quelle est la question exactement? Comment fabriquer ce tube? Où comment le modéliser?

What is the question exactly? How to manufacture the pipe, or how to model it?

/M

Mats,

C'est la simulation de cette déformation pour en connaître la force nécessaire pour sa réalisation.

Denis

Les "patins" dans "deformation.jpg", est-ce qu'ils sont des billes, ou des "jantes" avec le même axe de symmetrie comme le fût? Si le problême est 2D symetric, je crois c'est assez facile a modelilser, si les patins sont des "billes" c'est plus difficile...

Supposant qu'ils sont des "billes" j'ai fait ce model (joint ci dessous) avec elements grands et analyse "quick check".. Je n'ai pas encore fait des mesures pour trouver les forces, mais ca ne doit pas etre trop difficile.

/The "patins" are they balls or are they rims with the same symmetry axis as the barrel? If its 2D axisymmetric then it should be easy, more difficul if they are balls.

Assuming they are balls, I have here made a try with coarse mesh and "Quick check analysis".  I have not yet made measures for forces, but that should not be too difficult.

Video Link : 6438

Mats,

Whoua, merci pour cette approche, je vais me renseigner sur l'outillage à disposition ou celui à fabriquer.

Whoa, thanks for this approach, I'll find out on the tools available or that to make.

Denis

Quelque chose ne va pas avec ce fichier; peut être le site ne peut pas jouer des fichier avi, au lieu je télécharge un fichier mp4...

Something doesn't work with this file, perhaps the site can't play avi's. Instead I upload an mp4.

Video Link : 6440

Top Tags