cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

analysis BMX

Acacio_S_Jr
3-Visitor

analysis BMX

I would like to know how to import the CSV data into MODS when I generate several combinations in other software, in this case it would be several points, but Creo comments that the imported data is wrong, would there be a correct way to import?

6 REPLIES 6

Can you share the CSV file you are trying to import? Keep in mind you will need to select "One per row" as the option from the radio button for "Run experiments on:" if you have the entire DOE already defined in your CSV file (as it is set to "All combinations" now based on your shared image). What version of Creo are you using?

Hello CrisKaswer 

Let me share the file to try import and my version of the Creo is 7.0.2.0

Pls check and me let me know 

Best Regards 

Acacio Jr

Ah - this is an easy fix! You must have your CSV file contain only the numeric values. This means you need to select the model dimensions and/or parameters first to populate the top row of the "Design variables" table before you import the data. This forces your CSV data file to be organized to not only align with the column dimension/parameter names you just selected, but also match the type of experiments you wish to run - "All combinations" or "One per row". This will get you going without further issue.

Cheers!

Chris

Hello Chris 

Hey I've attached 2 types of CSV, but the first file appears the message that is "Wrong data in the imported file." and the other File is work-loaded

I recorded the video to show how the behavior of the error, I would like to understand why Creo doesn't know how to import of the data.

Let me know 

Best Regard 

Acácio S Jr

Acácio,

I have the same issue you show in the video. I am not sure why. I have my computer set to open ".csv" file types using Excel. When I open the "DATA_MAD_MAX_OPTIMIZATION - Sheet1.csv", copy all the values and then paste these values into a new Excel file and then save that file as a ".csv" format, I can import it into MODS successfully. I can't explain why it will work with this extra step.

I also find that if I simply open this first file and then save it, without making any changes, it will import properly into MODS - this behavior is very strange, but it must have something to do with the original file. The "DATA_MAD_MAX_OPTIMIZATION - Sheet2.csv" file you shared does work as is without any issue, modification or simple "save".

Best Regards,

Chris

I'm using the data on Google Sheets, There is a way to download and convert in .CVS on Google Sheets, just if the Google Sheets are not working very well with Creo 

Follow the image 

Best Regards 

Acácio S Jr 

Top Tags