cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Arbortext Concerns

JE_11013556
4-Participant

Arbortext Concerns

Hello,

I would like to ask your opinion or help on the following faults encountered in Arbor text 8.2.

1. During PDF export, the image cannot be displayed even if the graphics path is already set to the right path?

2. Can we utilize the DTD from version 6 in version 8.2?

3. Seeking for assistance regarding this error "Unknown element in start tag.
There is no such element as 'pub date'".

5 REPLIES 5
Alexia
13-Aquamarine
(To:JE_11013556)

Hello,

The answers are not quite as simple as the questions seem

1. What image type (CGM? SVG?...)? Are they viewable in Editor? What settings do you have in isoviewfileformats and creoviewfileformats? 
    • Search the Help Center for Graphics - here you will find details on graphics and Intelligent Graphics
  2. Search the Help Center for Document Type migration
  3. This error is probably related to the DTD

I hope this information helps you to find the answers in the Help Center topics.

Best wishes

Alexia

Alexia
JE_11013556
4-Participant
(To:Alexia)

Hi Alexia,

I have a follow up questions:

1. As of now, where using tif, cgm, svg extension for images. These 3 images extension still not viewable in Editor. Do you have any idea?

2. Where can we find settings for isoviewfileformats and creoviewfileformats?

Jay

Alexia
13-Aquamarine

Hi Jay,

1. It will depend - In Editor are you seeing an Icon where the graphic should be or an icon with a cross through it?
    • If it is simply an icon, please check the following Setting:
      • Tools > Preferences > View  - Check the setting for View graphics as Icons
    • If it is an icon with a cross through it - then the system cannot locate the graphics path
  2. All advanced settings are available from Tools > Preferences > Advanced

If you are still having issues you will need to raise a case with the PTC Technical Support Team

Best wishes

Alexia

Alexia
JE_11013556
4-Participant
(To:Alexia)

Hi Alexia,

Sorry for bothering you again.

I modified the advanced options below and added svg and tiff. Since the current project includes svg and tiff files. Unfortunately, images are still not visible. Do you have any idea? Maybe the root cause of our problem was the DTD or the stylesheet where using? Which we don't know yet.

JE_11013556_0-1714113513769.png

Jay

Alexia
13-Aquamarine

Hi Jay,

Unfortunately it will be trickier for us to guess what may be causing the issue.

I would like to recommend you raise a support case with the PTC Technical Support team as you will then be able to share sample files and do a Desktop share to try to track down the issue.

Best wishes

Alexia

Alexia
Top Tags