cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

CSDB S1000D Publisher Module

jm.
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

CSDB S1000D Publisher Module

Fellow Forum Members,

I downloaded from the S1000D official specification website a S1000D Bike data set for Issue 4.1 zip file.  Here is the download link:  Pages - S1000DDownloads 

I hope someone familiar with the PTC Arbortext CSDB S1000D suite of tools can help me with installing this XML files pertaining to a fictional product (bicycle)  into the PTC CSDB so that I may correctly output a PDF of this technical manual from the PTC Publisher Module.

The stylesheets for this fictional bicycle are coded in XSL-FO and this seems to be posing a serious problem. Both the PTC CSDB and the Publisher module don't seem to be compatible with XSL-FO stylesheets. .  What do I need to do to make these XSL-FO stylesheets work?

Lastly, through my testing is these XSL-FO stylesheets I learned they work nicely within Arbortext Editor.  However, this does not help me because Arbortext Editor does not enable one to build a manual like one is able to using the PTC Publisher module .  So my second question to anyone out there is why does XSL-FO stylesheets work nicely in Arbortext Editor but are not compatible with the PTC CSDB module and the Publisher Module?   Any opinion and or advice on what I need to do will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  

1 REPLY 1
iboulton
1-Newbie
(To:jm.)

Hello,

The PTC CSDB and Publisher tool does come with XSLFO stylesheets as part of the OOTB product. These stylesheets should support the building of a PDF publication using S1000D bike data. The Arbortext S1000D CSDB uses XSL and XSLFO technology for IETP and PDF respectively.

Have you tried contacting PTC TS about your problem? Seems like this should work in the OOTB product.

Thanks

Ian Boulton

(PTC SLM Segment)

Top Tags