cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Can I pass element content to the Description attribute via one way metadata rule?

mmoore
1-Newbie

Can I pass element content to the Description attribute via one way metadata rule?

Hello and Happy New Year to everyone.

I am attempting to use the metadatarule element, as explained in the topic "Using One-Way Metadata" in the Arbortext Content Management Guide, to put the content of the navtitle element into a Windchill table field. I tried several attributes which, I believe, apply to the Dynamic Document type. For example, my XML might look like this:

<metadatarule elementname="map"

expr="string(/map/topicmeta/navtitle)"

metadata="description" sourcetype="text"/>

No matter which attribute I try to use (I've tried using both the name and the internal name of the attribute), I get a burst log error like this:

Begin Save As Object for document Document1
Cannot modify the following attributes:
"description"
because they are not defined

Save As Object failed, code -199.

I would prefer to solve this problem than to use my work-around, which is to append the navtitle content to the data I'm already putting in the Name attribute. Would appreciate any ideas. Thanks.

Mike Moore

2 REPLIES 2

Is description defined in Windchill?

Hello Tim,

'Description' is a Windchill field in the off-the-shelf product. You can see it in te default table views. However, it is not listed in the "Supported PTC Server System Attributes" table on Page 78 of the PTC Arbortext Content Management Guide. My impression is that the Arbortext/Windchill interface (i.e., the Arbortext Content Manager) is very limited. I now suspect that what I' trying to do, if it is even possible, would have to be done outside of the tools provided by ACM such as the burst configuration file. But I'm still hopeful.

Mike

Top Tags