cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

I am writing to you because I have some questions about the platform on arbortext.

SP_10210577
11-Garnet

I am writing to you because I have some questions about the platform on arbortext.

I have a few questions about understanding arbortext, so I'm posting a question.

1. Is windchill essential for Arbortext publishing engine

2. Is there only a way to use Print Composer to distribute editor's content without publishing engine?

3. Is the Print Composer only available in PDF?

4. Can I use the arbortext editor even if I use Illustrate instead of Arbortext Isodraw?

5. Is all the process of Arbortext possible locally without windchill?

6. Which of all the platforms in Arbortext are essential for production and deployment?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

1. No, you can run Arbortext PE with or without Windchill.

2. Yes, you can add-on Print Composer to Arbortext Editor. Alternatively, you can purchase Arbortext Styler which includes all features of Editor plus Print/Web output plus the ability to create stylesheets.

3. What else do you want to output? I think you can print to PDF, PostScript, or a Windows printer.

4. Yes but haven't tested the integration lately.

5. Yes. Arbortext started life as a standalone product, it was later integrated with Windchill for content creation, editing, and publishing.

6. Your solution partner or sales representative should be able to provide the answer that is specific to your needs. Arbortext Editor, IsoDraw, Creo Illustrate are the content creation tools. Arbortext Publishing Engine for server-based automated publishing. Arbortext Styler for creation of publishing stylesheets. Windchill for content management and workflow.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

1. No, you can run Arbortext PE with or without Windchill.

2. Yes, you can add-on Print Composer to Arbortext Editor. Alternatively, you can purchase Arbortext Styler which includes all features of Editor plus Print/Web output plus the ability to create stylesheets.

3. What else do you want to output? I think you can print to PDF, PostScript, or a Windows printer.

4. Yes but haven't tested the integration lately.

5. Yes. Arbortext started life as a standalone product, it was later integrated with Windchill for content creation, editing, and publishing.

6. Your solution partner or sales representative should be able to provide the answer that is specific to your needs. Arbortext Editor, IsoDraw, Creo Illustrate are the content creation tools. Arbortext Publishing Engine for server-based automated publishing. Arbortext Styler for creation of publishing stylesheets. Windchill for content management and workflow.

Hope that helps!

There are also other content management systems out there other than windchill. We use the Simonsoft CMS to manage our content. SimonsoftCMS - Manage Technical Information - PDSVISION.

It works great for our needs.

Bryon

Top Tags