cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

IsoDraw6 compatible with Windows 7

ptc-3234014
1-Newbie

IsoDraw6 compatible with Windows 7

Hello, I currently use IsoDraw6 on my XP machine and will be switching over to a Windows 7 computer. Will IsoDraw6 work on a Windows 7 computer? If so, under what settings? If IsoDraw6 is not compatible with Windows 7, i have many files created/editted from IsoDraw6 and want to know if there are any errors/effects with using IsoDraw7 on these files? Thanks, Monica
4 REPLIES 4
lfraley
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-3234014)

Hi Monica, I checked the software compatibility matrix here: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/doc/refdoc.jsp It doesn't show that IsoDraw is available on Windows 7 yet. I'm not sure they'll be porting 6.0 at all. 6.0 is no longer on the Product Calendar: http://www.ptc.com/cs/product_calendar/PTC_Product_Calendar.htm If you want to go to Windows 7, you'll likely need to upgrade. If you're on active maintenance, the upgrade automatically included. I can look into your other concern, but I hope Christian Schmaehl (the PM) will chime in first. If he doesn't, feel free to contact me offline. liz.fraley@single-sourcing.com Warm regards, Liz

Hello, I work with Isodraw 6.2 and am getting ready to do testing on Windows 7 to test compatibility. Any help\info would be greatly appreciated.
lfraley
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-1531668)

Hi John: Unfortunately, you're in the same boat. 6.2 is off the product calendar. Liz

IsoDraw 7.1 M30 is supported on WIN7. There are no issues revising IsoDraw illustrations created in any of the earlier versions using IsoDraw 7.1. You can also save backward if required. I always recommend saving in the current version though. Since you have a login to the forums here, please try to access the PTC Help Centers. You can find this at PTC.com > Support > Product Support Centers > Arbortext > Related Resources - Help Centers > Arbortext IsoDraw. Expand Arbortext IsoDraw. You will find current release notes in PDF. Near the top of the IsoDraw 7.1 M30 Release Notes you will find the system requirements. For those on older versions of IsoDraw you can learn about new capabilities here as well. One last thing. Since everyone has a login. I would recommend you review your account settings. You can be notified when there are product updates. Hope this helps! Scott

"Monica Yuen" wrote:

Hello, I currently use IsoDraw6 on my XP machine and will be switching over to a Windows 7 computer. Will IsoDraw6 work on a Windows 7 computer? If so, under what settings? If IsoDraw6 is not compatible with Windows 7, i have many files created/editted from IsoDraw6 and want to know if there are any errors/effects with using IsoDraw7 on these files? Thanks, Monica

Top Tags