cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Need syntax help with Launch command

JoseValdes
1-Newbie

Need syntax help with Launch command

I am trying to launch a Perl script from an ISM file. Here’s the syntax that I am using: Launch "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" "C:\PerlFileName.pl" The previous code opens a command prompt, but does not execute the script. By the way, if I type "C:\PerlFileName.pl" at the command prompt, the PL file executes as expected. Can someone help? Thanks in advance, Jose Valdes
3 REPLIES 3

Launch "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" "/c C:\PerlFileName.pl"

Trevor, Thanks, I got the Launch command to work. The syntax that you provided in this post actually did not work, but in another post you provided: Launch "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" "/c c:\test.bat" I successfully got the ISM to launch the BAT file, and then I put the following command in the BAT file: call "C:\PerlFileName.pl" That worked. It's strange that I can't get the Launch command to execute the PL file directly, but I don't mind living with strange work arounds. Thanks! Jose

I tried running a Perl script from IsoDraw again and had success. Below is the command I used. Launch "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" "/k c:\temp\hello.pl" Some of the things I determined: 1) It may be obvious, but you need the full path shown for the Perl script (ie the script is in your temp folder but you only put C:\, this will not work). 2) The script will not work without the /c or /k (shown above) in the macro line. The /c closes the window once run, the /k keeps the window open. /k is good to use during testing to make sure you are getting the results you need.
Top Tags