cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

PTC Arbortex IsoDraw 7.3 M090 Build 7 crashes on application startup

PS_10983287
3-Visitor

PTC Arbortex IsoDraw 7.3 M090 Build 7 crashes on application startup

Hi,

On a few Windows 10 machines in our company PTC Arbortex IsoDraw 7.3 M090 Build 7 crashes on application startup. The app starts and as soon as the empty untilted project tries to be opened, IsoDraw immediately closes without any further error message. On other similar windows machines, IsoDraw starts just fine.

Are there some log files we can have a look at (where are they located) and how do I contact the official support, since we pay licensing for this IsoDraw software?

11 REPLIES 11
Alexia
13-Aquamarine
(To:PS_10983287)

It may be worthwhile trying the following:

• Delete StartupPreferences.prf file from C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\PTC\IsoDraw\Preferences

Sometimes files contain corrupt information which causes odd crashes.

Also that this occurs only on some machines and not others seems to point to an environmental issue rather than something deep rooted in the actual software.

I hope this helps resolve the problem

Best wishes

Alexia

Alexia

Unfortunately, it did not help. The symptom stays the same that on the complete startup of IsoDraw it immediately closes 2024-03-14_09h55_42.png

Also if you hold down ctrl + Alt + Shift when clicking on the Isodraw icon, it should ask you if you want to create new preferences.

Bryon

We tried the deletion of the startuppreference.pf file, which is a bit more drastic than your proposed solution, and it did not help

I want to add that the problem occurs only when working from Home Office with VPN connection. And it suddenly started and used to work for many years. When being in the office with fully cabled ethernet connection, IsoDraw starts fine. So I think looking at some kind of logs should be the way to go, but I don't know if and where the log files are

Looking at the event viewer it hints at a nvoqlv32.dll that faulted on the IsoDraw startup. Having researched that file, it seems to be Nvidia driver related. We installed the latest Nvidia driver for the laptops T1200 graphics card, but the error is still the same, see event viewer error messages. Again, this crash only occurs in the Home Office with being connected to VPN and not in the office itself (without VPN).

Have you tried upgrading one machine to the M112 version of 7.3? and seeing if the problem still exists?

Bryon

sry for this rookie question, but where can I find the download?
... I think I found it under https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/product.jsp?prodFamily=ATD

That is the correct location you could also look at 7.4. But then you need to get your license file and the license server both would need to be updated.

Bryon.

Version 7.3 of IsoDraw still shows the same symptom: It crashes (suddenly closes) on the complete startup. So no improvement, unfortunately

Can you uninstall the Nvidia driver and does it still crash. We have P2200 video cards with latest driver version and no crashing here. Slow to re focus when move away from the program though.

Bryon

Top Tags