cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Print Preview function to preview PDFs

rl
4-Participant
4-Participant

Print Preview function to preview PDFs

We've been using the Print Preview function to preview PDFs; it seems a little quicker than the Compose > PDF method. However, graphics do not show up when we do this. Do you know why? It doesn't seem to matter if the graphic is local or on Windchill.

We are using Arbortext 5.4 M130 version.

5 REPLIES 5
GarethOakes
16-Pearl
(To:rl)

This doesn't sound familiar, but a wild stab in the dark: are the graphics you cannot see in EPS format? Are you using the FOSI engine for styling? If so, it is possible that the EPS files do not have an embedded preview therefore the print preview feature cannot display the graphic (as I don't believe Arbortext can process EPS except when producing PDF).

rl
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:GarethOakes)

Hello Gareth,

We are using APP engine for styling. We Setup a publishing engine separately so, when we select Compose > PDF method it ping's the publishing engine and brings the PDF copy with graphic ( No Error). If for the same object/file used the Print Preview method it is publishing pink pages with missing graphic.

We are uploading graphics with .iso format.

GarethOakes
16-Pearl

If you are somehow doing the print preview locally (eg. avoiding the PE server) then I can understand how you get the problem. However you should be doing print preview via PE, which in the case of APP returns a PDF anyway.

Cheers,

Gareth

rl
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:GarethOakes)

We are not disconnecting PE server connection. but, I am trying to understand is when we do Compose > PDF it publish properly. Same when we do Print Preview it is having an error as mentioned above. Is this because print preview will try publish locally? If, it try to publish locally what is the difference?

GarethOakes
16-Pearl

If you have "peservices" set to "on" then in fact I think the print preview should go through the server. Does your print preview come back in PDF form?

If print preview does not come back in PDF form then it is a local print preview request. The different with a local print preview is you have to ensure you have the exact same "custom/doctypes" folder as PE, and also the same network access rights and so on to ensure that Arbortext can reach the graphics.

Top Tags