cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Styler Namespace Error

SarahPrice
7-Bedrock

Styler Namespace Error

I'm receiving this error when opening my XML file.

Cannot evaluate XPath expression in stylesheet. [A30282] Invalid XPath expression: The prefix 'x3b2'

I've tried to add x3b2 to the namespace declaration but I cannot locate the namespace value.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sarah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alexia
13-Aquamarine
(To:SarahPrice)

Hello Sarah,

I have written the following article which is linked to an SPR to have this issue investigated.

'[A30282] Invalid XPath expression: The prefix 'x3b2' is not declared' error when opening files in PTC Arbortext Editor

If you raise a case and mark it for my attention I can link the case with the Article - and then if there is any workaround found I can let you know via the Case.
Please remember to mark the Case 'For the Attention of Alexia' and then I will know which article to attach.

I hope this information is of help - I will also mark this reply as the 'Solution' to your Community Post.

Alexia

Alexia

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

We're seeing the same error. Have you found a solution?

Unfortunately I have not had any response nor have I been able to work through the problem.

Hi Sarah

x3b2 is a prefix for an internal namespace of extended xpath functions in the ALD Print/PDF engine (formerly 3B2) that styler assembles stylesheet code for so it is not a XML namespace issue,

I assume somewhere in your stylesheet you might have ALD coded source edits?

Has this just started or is it after an upgrade?

Regards

Chris

tformat Publishing Solutions
http://arbortext.solutions

We have just started seeing this, and haven't upgraded recently. We're running Arbortext Editor with Styler version 8.1.3.0, and we're seeing it in both our stylesheet and the PTC provided sample stylesheet for APP Form Fields (C:\Program Files\PTC\Arbortext Editor\samples\APP\PDFFormFields).

For testing purposes, we did download version 8.2.1, and we are seeing it here as well.

x3b2-namespace-error.png

We upgraded to 8.1.2 and started seeing this issue.

Have you had any luck figuring this out? We've just started testing the 8.2.2 release, and I'm still seeing it in both our custom stylesheets and the PTC provided sample (C:\Program Files\PTC\Arbortext Editor 8.2\samples\APP\PDFFormFields).

Alexia
13-Aquamarine

Hello Sarah,

This behaviour may take a little bit of tracking. I am able to replicate the error when I open the shipped FormFields.xml from the install samples.
Would it be possible for you to open a case with PTC Technical Support and we can investigate it further.

Best wishes

Alexia

Alexia
Alexia
13-Aquamarine

Hello Sarah,

I have written the following article which is linked to an SPR to have this issue investigated.

'[A30282] Invalid XPath expression: The prefix 'x3b2' is not declared' error when opening files in PTC Arbortext Editor

If you raise a case and mark it for my attention I can link the case with the Article - and then if there is any workaround found I can let you know via the Case.
Please remember to mark the Case 'For the Attention of Alexia' and then I will know which article to attach.

I hope this information is of help - I will also mark this reply as the 'Solution' to your Community Post.

Alexia

Alexia
Alexia
13-Aquamarine

Hello Sarah,

The behaviour has been tracked and there is a problem within the stylesheet.

The way to resolve the issue is noted in the Article - please review the content of the Article.

If you still have issues with your own stylesheet please raise a Technical Support Case with PTC Support.

Best wishes

Alexia

Alexia
Top Tags