cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Styler license can't be found when I access the Editor

ptc-1868713
1-Newbie

Styler license can't be found when I access the Editor

We have a concurrent license for the styler on a server. That server was moved and sat dormant for a few months before being reconnected to the network. Now I can't open the Editor because I get an error message about not being able to obtain the styler license. License server host unknown. I was trying to look at the aptlmhost environment variable to see what the IP address or host name currently is so I can see if it matches the server now. I cannot for the life of me remember how to find and display the aptlmhost variable to check it. Other suggestions welcome! I was also going to check to see if I'm crossing a firewall and maybe need to setup port 1557. Thanks for your help.
4 REPLIES 4
lfraley
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-1868713)

Hi Diana, Did you get an answer to this question? Liz

No, not yet. I did review the aptlmhost environment variable and the value hasn't changed. What I haven't verified is whether the server hostname was changed or whether I need to open a port on the firewall or if maybe some subnet issue is the cause. For two minutes I thought my problem was solved because it turned out the server wasn't turned on. LOL! But the editor on my local machine still couldn't find it. Do I need to run license manager or something on the server? I plan to call about this after Memorial Day. Thanks for asking.
lfraley
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-1868713)

Diana, Did you try the adepters mailing list? This is an older resource (15+ years) that typically gets a lot more attention a lot more quickly: The PTC/User portal (http://www.ptcuser.org) hosts the long-running Adepters mailing list. Arbortext engineers monitor the list as well as many long-time users and tools folks. If you have a question, it's a really good resource. The List Email Address is: - You can join the list from the PTC/User portal: http://portal.ptcuser.org/p/fo/si/topic=21

Thanks so much for the tip! I'll definitely subscribe to the list. I did find the problem, and it was pretty simple after all. IT had changed the name of the server (although I had been assured that was not the case) LOL! I edited the environment variable to change the name and it worked like a charm. I know I'll have many more questions though to come. Thanks for your help!
Top Tags