cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

XML document to HTML?

akamaruzzaman
1-Newbie

XML document to HTML?

I need help converting my xml document to HTML. I already have the document I'm working on to publish as pdf and now I want to publish it as html also. Do I have to make a html dtd for it or is there a shortcut to converting it into html?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Anisah,

In Arbortext Editor with Print Composer, you can select File>Save as HTML ... to convert your document to an HTML file. You can also use the save_as_html_file ACL command. Check the Help Center for details.

If a FOSI stylesheet is used, you can specify formatting that applies only to HTML output. Also, it is possible to use FOSI to generate HTML the same way FOSI generates table markup. I have attached relevant pages from my book.

Please let me know any questions you may have.

Good luck!

Suzanne Napoleon

www.FOSIexpert.com

"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

If you use Arbortext Styler to setup your stylesheets, that will support compose-to-HTML.

Hi Anisah,

In Arbortext Editor with Print Composer, you can select File>Save as HTML ... to convert your document to an HTML file. You can also use the save_as_html_file ACL command. Check the Help Center for details.

If a FOSI stylesheet is used, you can specify formatting that applies only to HTML output. Also, it is possible to use FOSI to generate HTML the same way FOSI generates table markup. I have attached relevant pages from my book.

Please let me know any questions you may have.

Good luck!

Suzanne Napoleon

www.FOSIexpert.com

"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

Anisah,

Have the answer you have been given allowed you to resolve your issue?

If so, could you mark one with a correct answer, so the community knows the solution to the problem and can use it for their own issue?

Tim

Top Tags