cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

XMl File Understanding

ptc-2268933
1-Newbie

XMl File Understanding

Thanks for all the help provided so far.

If anyone has seen my previous threads, we are in a pickle trying to get our system up and running with limited resources.

The current project is trying to utilize stylesheets and customizations from our parent company to output xml books given to us by them. This is proving to be a hefty challenge with many trials, and without manageable goals.

Our current thought process is, can we just write our own sheets in APP, and use their xml files according to our sheets. With that thought, here are my questions:

1. When I open xml files that are part of the ditamap, without using the stylesheet from our parent company, there are still stylesheet commands implied (in purple), even though not defined. Do I need to strip the XML files of this, or what would be the thought there? If I apply a different stylesheet, these undefined styles are still there.

2. I've asked this before, but does anyone know where to learn more about APP style? (our parent company used stylesheets with APP source edits for ufe elements.

3. Whether we consider this option, or continue on with the original plan, we still have an issue with reuse (asked this before also).

Thanks

Bryon Thomas

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags