cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

fosi compatibility across Editor version 5 to 7

apco
1-Newbie

fosi compatibility across Editor version 5 to 7

Ok, so I want to make a FOSI which has been exported from the latest Styler compatible for use in Versions 5 and 6 of Editor.

I would appreciate as much information as possible on what I need to do in order to achieve this. Anyone tried got some tips?

Thanks!

Tracey

ps. for real

2 REPLIES 2
RayStachowiak
12-Amethyst
(To:apco)

Hi, sounds interesting. Did you use Styler in 7.0 to create a style (.sty) file and then also a screen FOSI? If so the FOSI should work in 5.4 through 7.0. Prior to 5.4 I know there were conversion issues. I do not use Styler to update our FOSI's just and ASCII editor and have the same FOSI running in 5.4, 6.0, 6.1 and 7.0.

More information would be helpful, let me know.

Ray

Hello Ray,

Thankyou for your response. I used Styler 7 M040 to create a style file. I am hoping to use the exported FOSI for print production back to v5. Interestingly, my failed attempt at this yesterday was in v5.2. There were a bunch of invalid lang and deflang attributes which I cleaned, and there appear to be some issues with the numbering function callout, as well as what I believe is the page numbering code in the pagesets.

Your response has given me some encouragement though, perhaps with a bit of cleanup I can get this running.

So today I will start with an update to 5.4 and see how that goes.

Thanks again,

Tracey

Top Tags