cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

License Usage Report in Codebeamer

CA_10767447
5-Regular Member

License Usage Report in Codebeamer

Is it possible to generate detailed License usage report to know full details of active users, logged in user, timings, location etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I'm not aware of such a functionality OOTB in codebeamer but there are two ways to get some of these informations.

1. In System Admin -> Server Status Dashboard there is "Logged In Users & Licenses Info" chart which will show you just the numbers.
  2. To get details of session history you could use System Admin -> iSql functionality and type there an SQL query.

SELECT * FROM public.session_history
ORDER BY login_time DESC

The result is a raw data from database so it's not user-friendly but it can help you.
The result could be also exported to excel - there is a button below the results table.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

I'm not aware of such a functionality OOTB in codebeamer but there are two ways to get some of these informations.

1. In System Admin -> Server Status Dashboard there is "Logged In Users & Licenses Info" chart which will show you just the numbers.
  2. To get details of session history you could use System Admin -> iSql functionality and type there an SQL query.

SELECT * FROM public.session_history
ORDER BY login_time DESC

The result is a raw data from database so it's not user-friendly but it can help you.
The result could be also exported to excel - there is a button below the results table.

CA_10767447
5-Regular Member
(To:Karol_Arorian)

Hi,

This is very helpful.

Is there any documentation where i can see the table names(e.g public.session_history) and column names?

This can help me fetch the data directly from database.

No, I'm not aware of any documentation.

MM_10991077
5-Regular Member
(To:CA_10767447)

But you only see the total number of logged in users at this point of time.

This is useless because you don't see consumed license type if you use different licenses for user groups like DM, CM, ALM, etc.

Additionally also usage history is missing in Codebeamer.

Reason is to have meaningful data for a better prediction of future license need and extend the license pools early enough before user get in trouble to not be able to login to the system because of the lack of available licenses.

If there is such feature then I was not able to find it.

Codebeamer provide very basic license monitoring but this is useful for immediate check only.

I've found similar improvement idea on old portal and hope Codebeamer will implement that soon.

Link:

https://codebeamer.com/cb/issue/4674175 

Top Tags