cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Use 'Task Type' field selection to determine additional required fields

CD_10972427
5-Regular Member

Use 'Task Type' field selection to determine additional required fields

In codebeamer v2.0.0.2,

I've added a choice field 'Tracker Type' (choiceList[6]) to a Task tracker 'Project Task' that will select from an options list and is mandatory in all status values
I've added a choice field 'Complaint' to Task tracker 'Project Task' that will point to another work item
I would like for the 'Complaint' field to be mandatory only if choiceList[6] == 'Complaints Investigation'

Scenario 1:

I've tried setting the 'Mandatory if:' field to "choiceList[6] == 'Complaints Investigation'" and the 'Mandatory in Status:' field to None.
This results in the 'Complaint' field NOT being mandatory for 'Project Task' items with "choiceList[6] == 'Complaints Investigation'" or other values of choiceList[6]

Scenario 2:
I've tried setting the 'Mandatory if:' field to "choiceList[6] == 'Complaints Investigation'" and the 'Mandatory in Status:' field to ALL but ['--', 'Blocked', 'Draft']
This results in the 'Complaint' field being mandatory for 'Project Task' items with choiceList[6] == any value

@Karol_Arorian  Any chance you can help here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CD_10972427
5-Regular Member
(To:CD_10972427)

I created a custom text field and computed the value as taskType to find out what the value was in codebeamer. Then I set the 'Mandatory if' value for the Complaints field to: 
taskType == "[<Complaints Investigation(id=11, offset=11, labelId=1006)>]"

Worked like a champ!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CD_10972427
5-Regular Member

I've also tried Scenario 1 with State Transition from Draft to Ready with:

Condition

(choiceList[6] == 'Complaints Investigation' && complaint != "--") || choiceList[6] != 'Complaints Investigation'

Guard Condition:

Task Type is in "Compaints Investigation"

Compaint is not in "--"

Actions:
   None

This results in the 'Complaint' field NOT being mandatory for 'Project Task' items with "choiceList[6] == 'Complaints Investigation'" or other values of choiceList[6]

CD_10972427
5-Regular Member

'Task Type' field in tracker 'Project Task' is choiceList[6] with options of ['Dev', 'Complaints Investigation', 'Analysis']

If I set the 'Mandatory if' value in the 'Complaint' field in the same tracker to the following values, I get the result noted:

choiceList[6] eq choiceList[6] - Complaint field IS required
choiceList[6] eq "Complaints Investigation" - Complaint field IS NOT required
choiceList[6] eq choiceList[6]_$option[11] - Complaint field IS NOT required
choiceList[6] eq choiceList[6]_$option["Complaints Investigation"] - Complaint field IS NOT required

Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

CD_10972427
5-Regular Member

I created a custom text field and computed the value as taskType to find out what the value was in codebeamer. Then I set the 'Mandatory if' value for the Complaints field to: 
taskType == "[<Complaints Investigation(id=11, offset=11, labelId=1006)>]"

Worked like a champ!

Top Tags